The Northside SUNTRAK1.
Slit type edge tracker
Advanced Single/Dual Axis Solar tracker for solar thermal, PV and CPV applications.
This is a Low Cost, High Performance, Miniature, Hybrid Sensor/Timer Tracker Board.
Two-axis Sun Sensor and Motor Driver.
We believe this unit has the best price/performance ratio of any tracking unit available!
- Microprocessor Controlled “Smart Driver”
- Drive has built-in thermal overload protection, digital current monitor to avoid motor burn-out.
- RS-232 TTL (USB Optional) Serial interface collects system data, allows for software updates.
- Crystal controlled clock tracks when sun isn’t shining.
- Integrated sun sensor keeps accuracy high when sun shines.
- Directly interfaces with TWO standard dish linear actuators.
- Connect to DC Supply from 7 volts to 55 volts.
- 5 Amp peak current drive capability.
- Low cost per axis controller.
- Can be configured as single-axis tracker with one or two optional motor ON/OFF.
- Improved Built-In Sun Sensor.
- Developed by NASA contractor for improved sun pointing Fourier Transform Spectrometer Balloon project.
- Avoids drawbacks of “LED” type sun sensors.
- Uses PV cells, not LED; far more accurate, higher signal, linear.
- Wide sun capture range without diffuse light error.
- Improves pointing to <<0.3°
- Optional SD card datalogging.
- Expansion board takes up to 4 Gigabyte SD card.
- Samples 12 data points every minute.
- Custom written Windows application to read logged data. (XP™, Vista™, Windows 7™)
External data logging and databasing capabilities! Interfaces to PC.
Precise solar position is calculated by sunlight falling on two internal detectors.
- Higher precision than other shadow trackers
- Rejects diffuse light from clouds
- Glass window and rugged metal box for long life
- Compact electronics board with PIC processor 'brain' sits inside
- Crystal clock and astronomical software 'knows' where sun is even when clouds are present
- Photocell “eyes” correct for small errors or wrong clock time
This is the best, most accurate system on the commercial market.
Sales enquiries - email@example.com